Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ch33v0z, How I Love You... Let Me Count The Ways

Oh ch33v0z! I love you so! You are my sunshine, when skies are gray. You'll never know, ch33v0z, how much I love you! Please don't take my sw33t ch33v0z away!

Yes people, I am in love with the ch33v0z! I want to marry them! I want to lay them down by the fire, pour a nice glass of wine, and make sweet love to them. The sound they make when they unlock is just so great, it fills me with such joy! I just can't get enough of the sweet ch33v0z.

With all this love directed towards the ch33v0z, it made me wonder... What drives me to unlock ch33v0z, and why is it so addictive? Here are a few things that come to mind when I think about this question:

Gamerscore- POINTS! POINTS! POINTS! An online measure of your skill, love for games, and size of your e-wang against EVERYONE ELSE. That's right, you are in a competition with everyone! If you aren't playing the same games, you still can beat their gamerscore. Competition is like crack for gamers, and that adds to the fun. It's a game within a game!

Completionist- You beat a game, you finished it to the end, but you need to make that game your bitch. Getting 100% completion of all ch33v0z in a game gives you satisfaction in knowing you really squeezed every last drop of gameplay available. This gives all of us OCD players our there something to think about... all day long. :(

Ch33v0 tiles- Those little, lovely pictures next to every ch33v0. They are freakin' awesome! I get enjoyment out of seeing all those colorful little pictures, some depicting cute little graphics... other horrible acts of violence. They're great!

Game enjoyment- Probably the most important thing about ch33vz. They increase the amount of enjoyment I have while playing a game. It gives me incentive to play a game on the hardest difficulty, or try to do things that I never would have attempted before. Sometimes that aspect is hit or miss, but it's out there for you to shoot for. Not to mention, it can make an awful game into one that I would spend hours on (Fuzion Frenzy 2).

Oh ch33v0z, you always make me feel like I'm tEh 1337. Let's run away together!

No comments: