Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ch33v0z: My Addiction, My Shame

Adding to the long list of games with the easiest, dirtiest, and most shameful cheevz, is Lost: Via Domus. If you've been keeping up with my weekly recap, you know how I feel about Lost: Via Domus. Of course, my hatred or disdain for a game is highly unlikely to keep me from harvesting the sweet cheevz. Kind of like when you are at a bar and the annoying wreck seated next to you is trying to convince you to take it home. That's when it's time to man up... and mount up, Cheevo-style.

So there are a few things you need to know about this game before you get started. First off, it's only going to take you about 5 hours to get all 1000 points. Second, if you aren't a Lost fan, you won't be one by the end of this game. Actually, you're more likely to hate Lost after playing this game, I know I do. Let me shorten up my take on this game.... graphics, controls, and story... all suck.



Complete Chapters 1-7- 600G- Just completing each chapter will get net you more than 50% of the game's total gamerscore. That's not including all the necessary crap that you have to do just to get through the game. The other downer, is that you can skip most of the content and still get the cheevoz. Which means, HUGE holes in the story line.

Taking pictures of random shit-160G- I'm not going to get in to what you have to take pictures of and all that... I don't have the time or patience. Check a guide or something. However, I will say that the character will actually say, "It's worth a picture" when you come across an item that should be photographed for cheev progress.





Complete All 6 Flashbacks-150G- This one is pretty easy, and probably the most fun part of the game. You'll get an image of a picture, you just need to recreate the picture. Once you've completed that, just look around and examine everything, then talk to the person in the flashback. Check a guide for details.



Finally, I would say to avoid this game. It's a good thing the cheevz are so easy, or it wouldn't even be worth a rent. Overall, it's a crappy game and I hope you don't play it. If you do have to play it, make sure you milk it for all it's worth. At the end of the day, you'll walk away with a little less dignity, and a lot more gamerscore.

No comments: