Friday, January 16, 2009

This Week In Ch33v0z, The Call Of Duty: Far Cry 2 Edition

This has been a slow week in the world of ch33v0z. I've been working at Far Cry 2, but the more I play the more I realize it's total crap. I also had a chance to hit up some co-op in Call of Duty: World at War(finally)! Read on for the scoop on this weeks cheevo haul.



Call of Duty: World At War


Get Your Left Foot Wet-Got online, met some people, and kicked butt in a Campaign Co-Op game session-30G




Blue Ribbon-Finished in 1st place in a Competitive Co-Op match-25G





Snake in the Grass-Took out a Japanese soldier camouflaged and hiding in the grass-15G




Get Your Right Foot Wet-Got online, met some people, and kicked butt in a Competitive Co-Op game session-30G




Weapon of Mass Destruction-You called in a naval bombardment that took out at least 4 Japanese soldiers-15G




This game is a lot of fun. I finally got involved in the online multiplayer, both versus and co-op. Let me tell you, it's a bunch of fun. There is nothing like playing a co-op game with four of your friends! I will note that not all chapters of the campaign are available in co-op, which is a fucking crock. You also can't unlock the cheevos for beating each level while playing in co-op. Of course, there are a couple of cheevz that are exclusive to co-op... so it's worth playing a couple of rounds. I'd like to thank Mike53414, sparkla123, NatUralB187, and GLOBEL007 for helping get a few co-op cheevz.

Weapon of Mass Destruction can be obtained in the very first level of the campaign. Use the naval bombardment to take out the first machine gun nest on the beach. That should get you the cheevo, and if you don't get it there you'll have other opportunities to snag this in the same level.



Far Cry 2


Down but not out-Escaped to Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory-10G




Stickin' it to the man-Killed a Faction Captain in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory-10G




This game is very cheap with handing out the sweet cheevoz. Not only that, but the voice acting is total crap and the game is not much fun. Some aspects are great, but overall it's pretty crappy. I keep contemplating sending this game back, but I'm hoping to squeeze a few more ch33v0z out of this before I toss it aside. I'm going to give it another week.


So that's it. Short and sweet this week. I've recently received Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, so I'll be getting my cheevz in on that. I've also created a list of older games that I'd like to go back and farm for some sweet cheevz, so be on the lookout for that special post. Until next week, cheev on brothers.

No comments: